AKS Graduate Fellowship
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is a non-degree program which invites international students at overseas universities in the fields of Korean studies to the Graduate School of Korean Studies, supporting them for six months to help them grow to be a next generation of promising scholars in Korean studies.
- Monthly allowance of 750,000 KRW for 6 months (From 1 Sep to 28 Feb the following year)
- Round-trip airfare
- AKS professor’s guidance as a research advisor
- On-campus accommodation available at the Fellow’s expense
- Access to the AKS facilities including the library and Jangseogak Archives
- Korean language courses offered free of charge (if academic environments allow)
As of the beginning of the fellowship period, applicants must meet all of the following qualifications.
- Fellows are required to designate one of the professors at the Graduate School of Korean Studies whose specialty is most relevant to their research topic as their academic advisor.
- Fellows should take at least one major-specific course taught by their academic advisor or an individual study with their academic advisor.
- Completing their research, fellows must submit a report summarizing their research findings and join the presentation session as a speaker before leaving the country.
Recruitment Schedule: Steps, Timeline
|Announcement of Application Guidelines
|Beginning of Fellowship