A. Monthly allowance of KRW900,000 is provided.
B. An economy-class round trip airfare at actual expense is provided within the limit prescribed by the GSKS Travel Expenses Policy.
C. Fellowship Period : 6 months
※ Extension is not allowed.
E. On-campus dormitory and guest house are available at the following cost;
◦ Dormitory : KRW814,500 for 6 months, double occupancy
◦ Guest house : approximately KRW600,000 for 1 month (KRW20,000 per day), sole occupancy
A. Fellows must designate one of the AKS’ professors whose specialty is most relevant to their research topic as their academic advisor.
B. Course Enrollment
1) Fellows must take at least one major-specific course taught by their academic advisor or an individual study with their academic advisor.
2) Fellows must obtain "S(Successful)" for courses taken.
※ Credits are not given for courses taken.
※ Courses are graded S(Successful) or U(Unsuccessful).
C. Toward the end of the fellowship period, there will be a presentation which fellows must present their research findings.
◦ If fellows must leave Korea earlier than the fellowship period due to the compelling issue, they should have individual presentation. To do so, academic advisor and the international student advisor from the Office of Academic & Student Affairs must attend the presentation.
◦ Time and place of the dividual presentation must be settled by fellow him/herself and his/her academic advisor. This must be informed to the Office of Academic & Student Affairs at least 1 week ahead.
D. Final Report and Evaluation Report
1) Completing their research, fellows must submit either a thesis or a report summarizing their research findings to both the international student advisor in the Office of Academic & Student Affairs and their academic advisors before they leave the country.
2) A thesis or a report must be minimum 16,000 letters(including spaces) in length when written in Korean, and minimum 5,000 words when written in English. Excluding the bibliography.
3) After submitting the research result report, the evaluation report must be sealed and signed by the academic advisor and then submitted to the international student advisor in the Office of Academic & Student Affairs by the fellow him/herself.
E. When publishing a thesis or a book with research findings found during the fellowship period, fellows must state that they are the outcome of the research conducted with support of the Graduate School of Korean Studies in the Academy of Korean Studies.
F. Stay in Korea
1) Fellows must stay in Korea and concentrate on their research during the fellowship period. Exceptions can be made when fellows temporarily leave the country in order to present their research at an academic conference with a prior approval of the Dean of the Graduate School of Korean Studies.
2) Towards the end of the fellowship period, fellows must present their passport to the international student advisor in the Office of Academic & Student Affairs to prove their stay in Korea. If the advisor found out that a fellow stayed abroad during the fellowship period without prior notice, monthly allowance will be deducted for the number of days spent overseas.
3) During the fellowship period, fellows are not allowed to be engaged in other occupations for financial purposes.
4) During the fellowship period, fellows are not permitted to register at another educational institutions in Korea.
G. As for items not stipulated here, fellows must abide by the rules and regulations of the AKS and decisions of the Graduate School Committee.
H. Every obligations (especially submitting research result report, evaluation report, having a presentation on the results of research, and passport check;) must be done at least 2 weeks before departure.
※ For those who haven’t presented their returning flight ticket, this also should be submitted to the international student advisor in the Office of Academic & Student Affairs at least 2 weeks before departure. The ticket must include the following information; the name of the passenger, the date of purchase, and the date of departure)
◦ Tel: +82-31-730-8183
◦ Fax: +82-31-730-8189