Admission Schedule and Process
A. Applications are sought twice a year for spring semester and for fall semester.
B. Recruitment announcement is usually made in early April for fall semester (beginning on September 1) and in early October for spring semester (beginning on March 1 the following year).
C. Applicants are required to apply online at www.aks.ac.kr/admission and submit required documents by post or in person.
A. 1st Process : Korean Language Proficiency Screening
○ If applicants do not submit a valid* TOPIK score certificate of level 4 or higher, the GSKS Korean language teachers will conduct a phone interview to test their Korean language proficiency. (*The TOPIK certificate should be valid on the date of application deadline)
B. 2nd Process : Document Screening
○ Only for those who passed the 1st process or have submitted a valid TOPIK score
○ Overall evaluation of applicants' study plan, grades, language proficiency, and academic background (those shown in personal statement and recommendation letters) take place.
C. 3rd Process : Face-to-Face or Skype Interview
○ A face-to-face interview or a Skype interview will be held to those who have passed the 2nd Process.
○ Interview schedule will be informed individually. Applicants who do not participate in the interview will be automatically disqualified.
Research (Non-Degree) Program
The Research (Non-degree) Program is designed for those with a bachelor’s degree who wish to complement their studies by attending GSKS for one year maximum. Admission procedure and required documents for application are same as those for degree programs. Those admitted to the program must pay tuition fees and get enrolled at least one course per semester, to which no credit is given. An academic advisor can be assigned to a student, and the Certificate of Enrollment/Completion can be issued. Students are accessible to the same facilities as degree students, but ineligible for financial aid and scholarships.
◦ Tel: +82-31-730-8183
◦ Fax: +82-31-730-8189