The Academy of Korean Studies is hosting a two week workshop on readings in Classical Korean studies texts between July 4th and July 15th, 2011, in order to aid the next generation of Korean scholars interested in pre-modern Korean studies 1. Date and Location
○ Date: Monday, July 4th to Friday, July 15th, 2011. Total two weeks.
※ Note: Participants should arrive by July 1st, 2011, and may remain in the Guesthouse until July 17th (17 days total).
○ Location: Classes will be held at the Graduate School of Korean Studies lecture hall, and participants will stay at the Academy of Korean Studies’ Guesthouse. 2. Qualifications for Application
○ Overseas Korean Studies Scholars (graduate student or above)
○ Overseas Korean Studies Scholars who are currently residing in Korea (graduate student or above)
○ Students of the Graduate School of Korean Studies at the AKS
※ Potential participants who have limited exposure of Classical Korean Studies sources may also apply.
※ Applicants with a background in pre-modern Korean studies are preferred. 3. Benefits and support
○ Airfare: Overseas participants will be reimbursed 50% of their airfare, up to a maximum of a million Korean won.
○ Accommodation: Academy Guesthouse (individual rooms) are provided for the duration of the program at no cost.
○ Meals: meal tickets for breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided.
○ There is no tuition for the program. 4. Final Number of Participants
: Approximately 20 people. 5. Program Content
* Readings in Korean Literary Chinese Sources, Field Work.
* There are separate English and Korean Programs
- Classes will be conducted based on participants’ literary Chinese level.
○ Weekly Schedule
* Weekdays, Monday through Friday
- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm: Morning Lecture
- 13:30 pm to 16:30 pm: Afternoon Lecture
* Weekends: Free time and Individual Study 6. Application and Selection
○ Required Documents: Application Form
○ Application Period: Monday, April 18th to Wednesday, May 25th, 2011.
○ Participant Selection Deadline: Friday, June 3rd, 2011.
○ Participant Notification: Successful candidates will be notified individually from Friday, June 3rd, 2011 onwards. 7. Application Method:
Send a completed application by email or post to the Academy of Korean Studies (addresses below). 8. Addresses for the application
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Post: The Academy of Korean Studies,
The Graduate School of Korean Studies #210,
323 Haogae-ro Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463 791,
Republic of Korea 9. Questions and Contact Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +82-31-708-5310 or 016-699-1137
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 010-4907-6057 (International: +81-10-4907-6057)
※ For further details about the program, please go to the Academy of Korean Studies Homepage: http://www.aks.ac.kr/aks/Sub/sub_gradmain.aspx