2011 AKS Research Grant
The Academy of Korean Studies invites graduate students majoring in Korean Studies to apply for the new AKS Thesis and Research Grant program.
□ AKS Research Grant (Visiting)
This is to provide graduate students preparing for a thesis in Korean Studies an opportunity to do research in Korea.
1. Grant Benefits
- Monthly Stipend: 900,000KW
- Travel allowance (economy class round trip air-fare)
- On-campus Accommodation available at Student’s own expenses (approx.KW463,500 per semester)
- Opportunities to take classes and Korean language instructions at the AKS
-Access to AKS facilities including library.
2. Grant Period
◦ 2011. 9. 1. ~ 2012. 2. 28. (6 months)
◦ Graduate students specializing in Korean Studies at an overseas university and those who have completed required coursework.
◦ Non-Korean citizen
4. How to apply
◦ Application form(Download)
◦ Certificate of enrollment
◦ Transcripts of Undergraduate and Graduate studies
◦ Study Plan(over A4 or Letter double space 5 pages)
◦ Personal Statement(over A4 or Letter double space 2 pages)
◦ Letter of recommendation(Advisor or Dean)
◦ Korean(S-TOPIK) and English(TOEFL, IELTS, TEPS) language proficiency test transcript, if available
◦ Birth Certificate (or copy of passport)
5. Deadline & Submission
◦ Deadline : July 31, 2011
◦ Notification : August 12, 2011
◦ Successful candidates are expected to arrive at the AKS before Aug. 31, 2011
□ Futher Informations
Personnel : Jaeseok, Lee
Tel : +82-31-709-8111(ext 212, 214) +82-31-708-5310