The 20th AKS Summer Program for International Students
Academy of Korean Studies(AKS) is pleased to announce the "20th AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international students in Korean Studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities.
July 16(Mon) – August 10(Fri), 2012 (4 weeks)
Language of the Program
The program will be conducted in Korean(some lectures in English).
* Participants are supposed to possess Korean Language proficiency to understand lectures in Korean.
Eligibility and Required Application Documents
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who passed Korea related lectures
*Those who hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
2. Required Application Documents
2) All official university transcripts: Photocopies are not acceptable.(Original Document Only)
3) “The Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
4) 2 Letters of Reference
※ Letters of reference should be submitted in a sealed and signed envelope with the application.
5) (Optional) A copy of the score report for Korean language proficiency
* All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, a certified translation of the document into Korean or English should be added to the original copies.
* Applicants should initially send the required documents by E-mail and subsequently send the original copies by mail no later than March 30(Fri), 2012.
January 9(Mon) - March 30(Fri), 2012
* Applications received after the deadline will be not be considered.
Notification of the Acceptance
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance after AKS has completed the review of the applications. Acceptance letters will be sent to those accepted by May 20(Fri) by e-mail and announced at http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english
Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
* All participants are responsible for their travel expenses including the round-trip airfare and transportation fee between airport and AKS.
Guesthouse Check-In & Check-Out
Participants should arrange their travel to arrive and depart AKS guesthouse within a period of 2 days of the program. (Check-In: July 14-16, 2012, Check-Out: Until August 12)
Access to AKS facilities
Participants will have access to the facilities of the Academy, including the guesthouse, library, photocopy room and so on.
Ms. Seungyeon Jung
Promotion of Korean Studies Abroad Division(Library Building Room #113)
Center for International Affairs, Academy of Korean Studies
323 Haogae-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463-791, Republic of Korea