Theme: Transforming Korean Tradition: Past and Present
The organizing committee of the 6th World Congress of Korean Studies announces a call for papers to all academics and professionals in Korean studies. The World Congress will be held from Sep. 25 to 26, 2012 at the Academy of Korean Studies, Seongnam, Republic of Korea. As one of the prominent Korean studies conferences in the world, it will provide scholars with an opportunity to share their latest academic achievements and develop friendships in the field of Korean studies.
- Date: Tue. Sep. 25 ~ Wed. Sep. 26, 2012
- Venue: Academy of Korean Studies, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
- Official Languages: Korean, English
- Jointly organized by the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), International Society for Korean Studies (ISKS), Pacific and Asia Conference on Korean Studies (PACKS), Korean Studies Association of Australasia (KSAA), Association for Korean Studies in Europe (AKSE), Central Asian Association for Korean Studies (CAAKS) and theCommittee on Korean Studies-Association for Asian Studies (CKS-AAS)
25th of Sep. (Tue)
26th of Sep. (Wed)
27th of Sep. (Thu)
Post-conference Cultural Tour
- Designated Session (Individual Proposal)
● Political Science
- Free Paper Session (Panel Proposal)
This session is to present participants’ interests and reflections on Korean studies. A panel proposal including the topic of the session and organizing plan is required.
*Each panelist has 30 minutes. There is a 20 minute time limit for the presentation and 10 minute for discussion.
Scholars and professionals, including graduate students pursuing a master’s or doctorate
Paper submissions will only be accepted at the homepage http://congress.aks.ac.kr
from March 5
to April 27, 2012.
Once you have submitted your paper, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 3 working days. The abstracts will be reviewed based on content and suitability. Selected presenters will be contacted individually by May 25, 2012
and notified about the guidelines. Submission of the full paper (10-15 pages) is due via e-mail by Aug. 26, 2012.
* The abstract cannot exceed 1 page (A4 size) in English or Korean.
** Please sign up for the congress homepage and complete application form. You should attach your CV as well as your abstract on the website. (MS word file only)
***For the free paper session, a panel proposal, abstracts and CV of each panelist are required.
****Congress homepage will be accessible starting Monday, March 5, 2012.
Accommodation & Fee
Full meal coverage (Sep. 24 Dinner ~ 27 Breakfast) and 3 nights lodging (Sep. 24-26, 2 per room) will be provided for the participants from abroad or outside of Seoul & the Metropolitan area. (An extra fee will be charged if you require a single room.)
● Hotel: Novotel Ambassador Gangnam
● Registration fee: US$ 45, KRW 50,000 (Cultural Tour is not included.)
(Student fee: US$ 25, KRW 30,000)
Korean Studies Junior Scholar Paper Prize
We cordially invite students in Korean studies to apply for the Junior Scholar Paper Prize. To apply, please tick on your application form for ‘KOREAN STUDIES JUNIOR SCHOLAR PAPER PRIZE APPLICANT’. The committee will screen your paper and select the best thesis. Awardees will be acknowledged for their achievements. (1st: 1,500,000KRW, 2nd: 1,000,000KRW, 3rd: 500,000KRW, 4th:300,000KRW) Master and doctorate students are eligible to apply for the prize.
Travel Grant for Presenters from Africa/Latin America
The Academy of Korean Studies announces its travel grant to support Korean studies in Latin America and Africa. Presenters from Latin America or Africa are considered without particular application process. Once appointed, awardees are required to submit relevant documents for travel grant.
- Eligibility: Presenters from Latin America or Africa
- Grants: 1,000USD for each presenters
- Selection procedure: Abstract to be reviewed by the Committee
Division of International Support for Korean Studies
Center for International Affairs
Academy of Korean Studies,
- TEL: +82-31-709-9843
- FAX: +82-31-809-9945