The 2015 Understanding Korea Essay Contest
The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in foreign textbooks. We are pleased to announce the 2015 Understanding Korea Essay competition, aimed at promoting interest in Korea-related contents in foreign textbooks and Understanding Korea materials. Please note the following guidelines.
※ Domestic and International Promotion of the 'Understanding Korea Project'
○ Improve the image of Korea in foreign countries
○ Improve the understanding of Korea; expand the base of the project
○ Establish healthy image of Korea in the world
Image of Korea from the International Point of View
- Thoughts and new suggestions on images of Korea presented in foreign textbooks and other teaching materials including websites
- Suggestions to help understand Korea properly
Application of Understanding Korea Materials
- Review the application of Understanding Korea materials and ideas for developing them
* Website on winners of 2013-2014 competition:
* Teaching materials imply publications and digital contents created by non-Koreans, including the Korean related contents in non-Korean textbooks, and targeted towards non-Koreans.
* Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Full details for the materials can be found on the website of the Center for International Affairs (CEFIA: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr
Any individual who lives outside Korea
- The application form can be downloaded from the CEFIA website, or from the attached file of this information sheet.
- All submissions that do not follow the format will be disqualified.
- Submitted essays will not be returned, and the CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
- Applicants may apply for multiple times.
5. Language: Korean or English
The paper should be about 3 pages in A4 format
7. Application Period : August 01 2015 - September 30 2015 6:00 PM (Korean Time)
※ Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
Awarded by the Minister
Prize worth USD 800
Awarded by the AKS President
Prize worth USD 250
Awarded by the Center Director
Prize worth USD 150
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will received a souvenir (First 300 applicants only)
9. Announcement : Tuesday, November 10, 2015
The result of the contest will be posted on the Center's website,
(http://www.ikorea.ac.kr) and all winners will be notified individually.
The Center for International Affairs, Division of Understanding Korea Project
○ Email: email@example.com
○ Tel: (+82)-31-709-6571, 031-709-6596 / Fax: (+82)-31-709-6572
※ For more detailed information, Please refer to the information sheet and the application form. All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.