The 24th AKS Summer Program for International Students
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the "24th AKS Summer Program for International Students." As an important part of our mission is to cultivate young leaders, who can contribute to the development of Korean studies, the academy has organized an intensive summer program for international undergraduate students in Korean studies. This program is composed of various components, such as special lectures on Korea, intensive Korean language course, field trips, excursions, and traditional cultural activities. Since its starting in 1993, we held the program for 23 times and around 664 students from 45 countries attended the program. For those who are interested in the 24th AKS Summer Program for International Students, please read the notification carefully and apply for the program.
| Program Period
July 11(Mon) – August 5(Fri), 2016, 4 weeks
| Language of the Program
Korean & English
* Except for some English lectures most of the program will be in Korean. Therefore the participants are recommended to possess basic Korean language skills.
| Eligibility and Required Documents
Undergraduate students of second year or above from universities abroad who are majoring or minoring in Korean Studies and/or those who took Korea related lectures from their universities.
*Those who are in graduate school or hold Korean nationality are not eligible for this program.
2. Required Documents
1) Application Form: Available to download on our website (http://www.aks.ac.kr)
2) All Official University Transcripts
3) “Korean Proficiency Evaluation Sheet” included in the application form (No.7)
4) 1 Letter of Reference
※ Letters of reference should be directly sent to email@example.com from the recommenders.
5) (Optional) Score Report for Korean Proficiency Test
* All documents should be written in Korean or English. If not, translation of the document into Korean or English should be added.
| Application Period
January 11(Mon) – February 26(Fri), 2016
* Applications received after the deadline will be not considered.
| Application Method
Please combine all of the required documents in 1 pdf file except for the letters of reference and send it to the e-mail address below.
- E-mail Title: Application Documents for the 24th AKS Summer Program for International Students_Name of the Applicant
| Notification of the Acceptance
The result will be announced individually via e-mail on March 31, 2016.
| Financial Support
The Academy of Korean Studies will cover the cost of registration, lectures, accommodations, and meals during the program as well as expenses incurred during field trips and excursions.
* All participants are responsible for their own travel expenses including the round-trip airfare, transportation fee between airport and AKS and medical insurance.
Ms. Eunyoung Bae (Program Coordinator)